Monday, May 7, 2012

It's great to be 8






Hallie got baptized yesterday. She was a little nervous about being baptized in front of lots of people but she still was brave and did it. Grandma and Grandpa Borrowman sent her a corsage for her special day and she loved it. She kept saying "I just feel so fancy today mom."
It was a little weird watching my own daughter be the one in the water...I still can't believe she is that old but I am so proud of her for the big decision that she made.
She had her interview with the Bishop. I was waiting in the hall for her and when she came out I said "how did it go?" she gave me the thumbs up sign and went to primary. Bishop followed right after her and had tears in his eyes. He said "You have a sweetheart there." Then he told me about their interview. He was talking to her about what baptism is and what the gift of the Holy Ghost is. He said to her that the spirit will help her in her life to know what is right and she said " I already know this because on the way to church, even though the music was really loud, I felt the spirit telling me that I was making a very good choice today."  I love this little girl...
We had Aunt Jessica and Uncle Chris and Luke come out for the baptism and we had many wonderful friends who came to support us. I honestly don't know what we would do without our amazing friends who are so much like family to us. We didn't actually get any pictures of our whole family or anyone that came but here are the few that we did manage to get.


1 comment:

Lori said...

What a special day! Hallie we are so proud of your decision to get baptized! You do look so fancy! Congrats Hallie we love you!