I have been waiting to post until I can find my battery charger for my camera but no such luck. So you are getting a pictureless post. Sorry ahead of time for the boring post. Let me just start out saying that being a mother of 3 is a big adjustment. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that it is freezing cold outside and we are stuck in doors going crazy or if I just am having a hard time adjusting. I am going to go with the crazyness!
Barry is getting bigger and starting to get more of a routine with his sleeping. He really his a good baby but has a hard time at night. He cries a lot but then he is great during the day. The girls absolutely adore him and can't seem to give him enough kisses. We have to keep a close eye on him because both girls have picked him up and tried to bring him to me. It wouldn't be so bad if they knew how to hold him in a different position other than around the neck.
We cut down our very first Christmas tree and had a blast doing it. We went to a tree farm and got to pick any tree that we wanted. Hallie was on the hunt for the perfect tree and ended up finding it. We tried to direct her to a different tree cause the one she picked was mostly dead on the inside but she always walked back to the "Perfect" tree. She was so excited to put one the lights and decorations and was a big help doing it. Now both girls ask everyday when Santa is coming... It is going to be a long Christmas Season.
We are staying here for the Holidays and are excited. It will be our first Christmas alone. We are going to miss our families but it will be fun to start some of our own traditions. Anyone have fun traditions they want to share. Especially ones for kids!
I'll post more when we get our camera back up and going. Merry Christmas Everyone!
8 comments:
We always decorated sugar cookies for Santa on Christmas eve before we went to bed. We also put carrots out for the Reindeer.
It sounds like picking your own tree was quite the experience! I am so glad you had fun.
As far as fun traditions for the kids I agree that decorating suger cookies for santa is a big hit with the kids. You can even buy some sugar cookie dough already cut into christmas shapes with the frosting included so you dont have to make a ginormas batch:) We also act out the nativity and the kids use our bathrobes for old outfits and your baby would make a perfect baby Jesus! We also get together with another family for Christmas day Lunch/dinner and we all bring a part of the meal. Are you doing the 25 days of christmas from the friend. It give you a gosple art picture and a scripture obout the life of the Savior. I think we will be doing this every year as well. It breaks his life into 2-4 minutes each night and the girls seem to love it. We also sing carols around the tree every night including Christmas eve with all the lights out but the tree lights.
I love you and promise that even though this is the hardest transition yet it will all get better with time and after you start getting a full nights sleep you will wonder why you thought it was so hard:)
I love doing Christmas with Drew and the kids. It just feels magical. I love it!
We love to get a few new games every year and then play them on Christmas. We also like having dinner with friends or have the missionaries over. We always do the 12 days of christmas to a family and my kids love that. We also like to take treats to the old ladies in the ward. This year my kids are making each other gifts. So far it's been great. I love Christmas. I hope you enjoy doing your own.
As far as 3 kids goes...it keeps me really busy. I have no clue how you can have more. I make lots of lists and try to play with my kids whenever I can. Just remember to enjoy the moment.
I need your phone number. Can you email it to me?
The "perfect" Christmas tree sounds like you guys are already starting some fun traditions. One of my favorite traditions we do is on Christmas Eve we read a Christmas story and make an ornament that goes along with the story we read and we of course put the year on it so we can see the changes in our creative ability ( there has been no change in mine for years! ). I feel the same way about it being cold and crazy and that is one thing that makes me feel better about my due date.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and I am excited to see your pictures of the Holidays so get going on that charger when you get a second, if you get a second.
I love everyone's suggestions. I'm liking a lot of them for us.
We always got a new pair of pj's to wear on Christmas Eve, and if you're feeling really ambitious, my mother-in-law always does fondue on Christmas Eve. It's really fun, and even if you just did the chocolate, I bet the girls would have a blast.
I'm glad to hear that you got a fun tree. I'm sorry to hear about the tough adjustment. Call me anytime! I know I look forward to talking to someone that can talk back. I bet Jon would appreciate the break too, I usually do 8 hours worth of talking when he walks in from work. And if all else fails, maybe we could meet in Denver :)
I love the live Christmas Trees. My family always cuts them down too. Nick and I have started going into the mountains to get ours. It's pretty fun. One of our traditions is making gingerbread houses. It's really fun and I think your girls would like it.
What a fun tradition to hunt for a Christmas tree! I am also trying to get some traditions with our family too! Now that they are getting older. I've been thinking about doing the 12 days of Christmas, but tweaking it a little, and adding crafts and activites too. Everyone has really fun ideas!
We had one Christmas when Hannah was a newborn where we just stayed home in our pajamas and played with all of the toys all day. It was really nice to not have to rush off somewhere. We followed Jef's family traditon of cooking a huge breakfast instead of a Cristmas dinner, and I liked that because I didn't feel as stressed about cooking. It did get a little boring by the end of the day, though - I would advise finding some friends who are alone and getting together for games or a movie or something. If you are interested in a pizza night, we could meet you halfway...
Post a Comment