Thursday, July 15, 2010

Grandpa

Sometimes things happen in life that are not in your control. You wish they didn't have to happen but then later realize how much better it is. My Grandpa Goodwin passed away a week ago. He has been in pain for a long time now and has been missing my Grandma since the day she passed on. It is hard to say goodbye to him but it brings a smile to my lips and a giggle to my voice when I think of the two of them reunited now. What a glorious day for them.

Let me tell you about my Grandpa. His life was full of serving the church, working, and raising an amazing family. He is such an example of living a life that is full of meaning and love. He was always proud of his grandchildren and bragged us up any moment he had. He truly was a man that believed in his faith and lived according to it.

It is hard that they are both gone now. Hard on my mom and her brothers and sisters. Hard on us grandchildren. I never thought the day would come that they would both be gone, but I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of Eternal Families. I know that one day we will be with them again. I look forward to that day and hope that I can live my life so that it will be possible.

Grandpa, I miss hearing your witty come backs. I miss seeing your belly laugh with you! I miss the squeezes you gave our hands. I miss the fact that you won't see 99 and doing fine! I miss the love that I always felt from you. I miss your sweet smile. I miss you.

Love you Grandpa- Forever and Ever!




2 comments:

SewSara said...

so sorry to hear about your grandpa. i know how hard it is, even when you know they are reunited w/ their spouse. he sounds like a great man.

(hugs!)
miss you guys!!

Robyn S said...

So sad. Sorry to hear about that. He sounds like a really great guy, and must have been.. judging by what a great and close family your mom has. It's at times like this I am soooo grateful for the gospel and the comfort it gives.