Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm still in Kansas Todo?

So after about 14 hours of travel, I sit in a swanky (read cheap) hotel room in luxurious (fly-speck) Salina, Kansas. I am about 2.5 hours from the airport where i will pick Bree and the girls up in the morning.

Not a real scenic drive through the last part of Colorado and the entirety of Kansas. Had fun though, listening to my tunes and drinking energy drinks to stay awake, because oh yeah: we went to bed about 11, Annie woke up at 2 and puked, Hallie woke up just after and cried cause she was scared of something, waking Annie back up. Then the rest of the "night" was spent hearing every noise they made and waking up at 5 to make this wonderful drive.

Not the best start to our adventure.

6 comments:

Julie said...

We miss you guys even more now that you are even further away. Does this mean you get to spend the day in Salina? Remember who you are - I've heard it's quite a crazy place. I hope that Annie does not chunk (Jane's new word for throw up) on the airplane for Bree. Good luck with the rest of the week.

McKensi said...

you didnt even say goodbye......sniff

Jon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Miller said...

I'm glad that the bulk of your drive is over - it sounded miserable when I first heard you were going it alone. Can't wait to see pics of exciting Missouri.

THE ORVINS said...

sooooo... ow far is the airport from were you will be living? and how cute that anni puked she is such a darling girl!:) and i would die if i had to drive for 14 hours in one day, thats 5 more than what our trip will be next weekend!

Lori said...

Tyler you are a trooper! I can't believe how long you drove, and alone! Tyson wanted to go so bad! We will miss you all, and we are really excited for all your new adventures!