Yesterday morning we were doing our normal morning routine of eating breakfast and reading the scriptures when we got thrown for a loop. I put Barry in his high chair as normal and turned to get his yogurt off the table and managed to hit my funny bone on the chair behind me in the process. I told Tyler I hit it and that it hurt really bad and he made the remark " shouldn't it be funny if you hit your funny bone." Then I remember feeling really nauseous and leaning over on the table. Next thing I know I hear Tyler saying my name and then seeing all my family staring at me while I am laying on the floor.
I guess the pain was to much for me and my brain decided that it would be best if I just passed out instead of dealing with the pain. The bad thing was that I was standing in front of our glass sliding door, which luckily, Annie had demanded that it be open that morning! So instead of replacing a glass door right now we are only replacing the screen door! Tyler rushed me to the ER to make sure the old head was ok, which it is perfect, and now we are back home and going on with life again.
Hallie and Annie were a little shook up about the whole thing. Hallie was a great big sister and kept hugging Annie and telling her it was ok, through her own tears! Annie wouldn't talk to me for most of the day after that and still keeps looking at me like she is nervous that I will do it again. Don't worry Annie, Mom will watch out for chairs from now on. It really makes you think more deeply about life and the blessings that we have.
Thanks to everyone who helped us so much yesterday. We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family. We sure love you all.
7 comments:
That is scary!
I am so grateful to Annie for insisting that the door be open. Thank goodness for small miracles. Love you tons and I am glad you are back to normal. Tell Halli good luck tomorrow for me!!!
wow we leave for 1 week and this is what happens, maybe we will have to come back and take care of you :) but seriously i am glad that you are ok and so is chris.
I'm glad it wasn't more serious! Poor Annie, what a sweet girl.
Wow! I'm glad you're okay.
Wow that's crazy, glad everything is okay!
One time I got up to hug my husband when he got home from work and I passed out. I woke up as well on the floor with him looking at me. Luckily we didn't have kids then to witness it. CRAZY!
I miss Kirksville and all the people! Enjoy it while it lasts.
Post a Comment