I got up at 5:15 so I could feed Barry and be ready for my friend Aimee to come get me. It was an early morning but I had been up most of the night any way so it was almost a relief to have to be up. It was raining when I first got outside but that eventually stopped. Aimee and her husband Tyler were the pick up van and were so kind to come and get us all (except Megan, stupid GPS). It was fun going together and being with the thousands of runners at the starting line. It was a cold morning and we all kept warm by staying close. It was crazy how many people were there and when we finally got going it was a nightmare trying to pass all the people going slower than us but we eventually pulled into a spot to run a good speed. I ran with Aimee for the first 11 miles and loved having the company. It was a hard race because most of the course was uphill. And when I say uphill, I am not talking about a little incline that you barely notice. These were tough hills.


Here we are at mile 7. It went right in front of our hotel so Tyler came out with the kids to cheer us on. It was so fun seeing them. Did I mention that I have an awesome family who supports me in everything that I do!
When I got to mile 11 and kept telling myself that I only had 2 miles left and that I could do it. But I have to tell you, those where the 2 hardest miles I have ever ran in my life. Normally at the end of a run I can really pick up the pace and finish fast but this time I had nothing left. I couldn't even go a little bit faster when I say the finish line. I really think those hills took it out of me. But even with the hills I finished at 1:58:36. I am happy about that.

Tyler and the kids didn't see me cross the finish line but they met me on the other side. It was so good to see them. Hallie hugged me and told me good job. She is so sweet. Annie just looked at me and Barry was asleep in the stroller. I look like crap in these pictures but I felt like crap too so I guess it is ok to look like it!Tyler somehow got left out of all the pictures but I wanted him to know how much I appreciate his sacrificing study time to be with me and to take care of the kids. You are the best guy around.
11 comments:
good freakin job i still cant believe you ran that far!! ps you look really pretty when you run like a model,! so awesome i tell ya
You're amazing! I was so excited when I searched for your time and saw that it was under 2 hours! You trained hard-you deserved it!
I have fun memories of Kansas City. When I saw the fountains in the background of your pic I knew excactly where the finish line was. Congrats on running. Someday I'll run one. I started to train to run one in Nov, but now I'm going to have a baby in May and I've been to sick to run. Maybe I'll make it a trend. 1.Have baby #3 2.Run a half marathon.
Way to Go! I am amazed at people that can run that far and enjoy it!
Congratulations!!! Awesome time! Especially with the hills and the rain. Hills are my all time nightmare and rain just makes it hard. I am so impressed!!! You are my hero. I hope to be a mother like you some day!
Wow so awesome! you are amazing Bree. And I ditto Brooke. You are an awesome, fun mom. I still have this picture in my head of you playing hide and seek with your girls that night when we came over for dinner. I want to be a cool mom that runs 12 miles in less than 2 hours someday.
Super impressive! Someday I might be able to run as fast as you.
Congrats Bree! I honestly was truly grateful to be able to run with you. I wish I could have hung with you all the way. Seriously those last 2 miles were the worst! You did awesome. So what's our running schedule this week :)
Way to go Bree! I seriously don't know how you people do it! You look so good too, and your family is adorable!
I am so proud of you Bree!! Good Job. Are you going to do more? If you are I want to do one with you sometime!!
I hear you about the hills. That is how Omaha is. I joke that people that run marathons in Arizona or Florida have it easy. :) Congrats to you, that is such an accomplishment!!! Now on to a full, right??
Post a Comment