But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have 3 healthy, beautiful children, a husband that loves me, and the blessing of the Gospel in my life. Life couldn't get any better. I am so thankful for what I have and for the hard weeks that teach me to be better. I am grateful that I am not perfect and that I get to learn from each day. Want to know what I learned today... Cherish the Moments with your children.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
What a Day...
Do you ever have days (or weeks) that you just want to forget? Ok, so my day was not so bad but my week has been a hard one. I picked Hallie up yesterday and today and all she did from the moment she got in the van to when she went to sleep was cry and whine, Barry thinks that life only goes on when he is in my arms, and little Annie has figured out that she can do whatever she wants if she does it quick enough ( eat all the candy, push barry down, dump out all the shampoo, etc.) My laundry is piled up way to high, both the clean and the dirty. I haven't made my bed in a week, the dishes only get done because I can't pile anymore in the sink or the counter. I think you are getting my point here.
But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have 3 healthy, beautiful children, a husband that loves me, and the blessing of the Gospel in my life. Life couldn't get any better. I am so thankful for what I have and for the hard weeks that teach me to be better. I am grateful that I am not perfect and that I get to learn from each day. Want to know what I learned today... Cherish the Moments with your children.
But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have 3 healthy, beautiful children, a husband that loves me, and the blessing of the Gospel in my life. Life couldn't get any better. I am so thankful for what I have and for the hard weeks that teach me to be better. I am grateful that I am not perfect and that I get to learn from each day. Want to know what I learned today... Cherish the Moments with your children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love the ups and downs. It really helps to appreciate how good we have it. I love being a mom more than anything even with all the whining.
Eryka
Hope this week is better! Way to be positive when things are hard. Love you.
I know its funny when we have such hard moments, and we have the opportunity to reflect on "the moments" and be grateful for them. And in another week or so maybe it will be funny. Right? Or maybe not, cause then they are doing something else to drive you crazy. I love your thoughts they always brighten my day, and I am so glad to know I'm not the only with moments.
What I learned today. . . .check your blog more often for a reminder that even you have an unmade bed and it's o.k.! Bree you are amazing and I agree with how you feel grateful for even the down times. Every day I feel more and more blessed for the life I have been given and the hard times don't even compare to the good times. Thank goodness we have whiners and messes in our lives!!!!
Your week sounds awful familiar to my own, especially since we're both sick and pregnant so it's harder to deal with all the crap! I called Stacie last week and she gave me pregnancy advice for an hour. I love that girl! So if your weekend doesn't get any, remember that you have an amazing sister, and she's just a phone call away. ;)
It is amazing how each one of us has experienced weeks like that of which you described. I have piles of laundry and dishes and everytime I look at them, I just want to go sit on my couch and ignore them, hopeing that they will magically disappear. But they never do. It would be nice to have the luxary of a housekeeper that would come in just when you think you are at your breaking point. I hope you up coming weeks go better.
Hmmm...that sounds a bit too familiar! The whining has been an issue around here too. I can't complain either though, because my girls are really great together! It's so been nice that they can entertain each other these last couple months. I can't believe we're due almost the same day...crazy! Do your kids ask about the baby everyday like mine?
Post a Comment