
Hallie is almost 4 years old and still has her binki at night time. I watched Super Nanny a couple nights ago and she let us know that 4 was too old for a binki. I have always known that but it has been her only thing that she is attached to and I didn't have the heart to take it from her. But Super Nanny gave me hope!!
I told Hallie that there was a binki fairy who comes to get the binkies from girls who are big now and gives them to little babies who need them and then leaves a surprise in return for the binkies. I got an envelop out and told her when she
The excitement got to her and she couldn't wait for Tinkerbell to bring the surprise so we had to call Tinkerbell and find out what she was doing. So we called her (aka Aunt Kensi) ! When Hallie put the phone up to her ear she was so overcome with excitement she had to sit down. It was hilarious. Thanks Kensi for being Tinkerbell for us!
The best part was that it worked. She went to bed without her binki and hasn't even asked for it. Oh, and Tinkerbell did come and leave a surprise for her!
8 comments:
I saw Jojo do this too! She is full of great ideas, I love the SuperNanny! I'm glad it worked for you guys, that is awesome!
We should get together before you and your family move away, maybe a playdate at the Zoo. I have a membership there, and can get an extra adult in for no cost. Also, let us know if there is anything we can do to help when you do move, babysitting, packing, lifting, ect... Just let us know.
Keep Smiling, Amy :)
Isn't is such a nice feeling to have it gone? I ended the binki addiction last month for my girls, but I wish I'd heard of that cute idea!! How creative! Life is wonderful now that I don't have to look for the stupid binki all the time!
What exactly does the binki fairy do to little girls who suck their fingers? Never mind, I don't want to know.
Good job Hallie! I can't believe what a grown up she is becoming.
We did the same thing with Stella. It worked great. Who is super nanny?
That's so cute!
That was such a good idea. I love how kids lives are so happy and they think they just talked to tinkerbell.. what would it be like?!!!!
I love the SuperNanny Tyson and I have it recorded every week, but this last episode made us laugh because the entire time Tyson kept saying this is us! Hallie that is awsome you are a big girl! Now for Moe?! I kept telling Tyson that its okay for Emma to have Moe because Hallie still has her binki-Now what? :)
Haha that is the cutest thing I've ever heard! What a good idea. I hope I can be that creative when I'm a parent some day in the distant future! The pictures are soooo cute too!- Miki
Post a Comment