Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Is it Tuesday?


Yes, it is finally Tuesday and yes you do get to finally go to preschool. Annie was so pumped this morning when she woke up and found out that today was the day that she got to go to preschool. She went like a pro. No crying, no acting shy, no wanting mom to stay with her. She found her name tag and went and sat down on the rug and never looked back. Tyler and I had to get her attention to say bye and then she just smiled and waved. It really was so cute.

When I picked her up, she was happy and HUNGRY! This is how our conversation went:
M: Hi Annie! Did you have fun today?
A: Hi Mom! I am starving! Did you bring me food?
M: No, but we can go home right now and get some.
A: Good. I think I want soup.
M: Ok, how did school go?
A: good, I am just really hungry.

And soup she ate. A whole can of it by herself. And after the tummy was full she layed down on the couch and watched a movie. She was worn out. But she has done so good today and we are so excited for her to be in preschool. She is going to love having her own thing to do each day while Hallie is in school too.

Oh, Tyler figured out how to make Annie stop crying all the time. When she starts to cry, he tells her if she stops she gets a candy! Yes, candy does make everything better for Annie. It has worked wonders for her. Thanks for whoever invented Mike and Ikes!

6 comments:

Stacie Lang said...

That makes me laugh. She is just like my Amanda, they feed her lunch at preschool and the first thing she tells me about when I ask her about school is what they had for lunch. She then asks what we are having for snack or if we can stop at mcdonalds and get some food because she is HUNGRY. Silly girls. I am glad she is having fun and has something to keep her busy, it is amazing how fast they grow up.

Lorette and Family said...

LOL Mike and Ikes are what makes Valeries world go round too! When ever we need to do something or to stop something we use Mike and Ikes :)

Beth and Matt said...

Tell Tyler I'll gladly see Annie at the pediatric dentist office I work at with her first cavity:)

Brad and Marci said...

AAAWWWW! I cannot believe Annie is big enough to go to her "own" school. She looks so different, she looks so grown up. I am glad that candy makes her happy it works for Kali too. I still think Annie and Kali would have made great friends and they could have eaten candy together.

Man my kids are cry babies! My next post will most likely be about our anniversary this Saturday and so hopefully neither one of us cries so we'll have a cry-free post ;)

Unknown said...

Yea Annie!! She's going to have so much fun there!

Megan and Nick said...

Oh I miss her so much!! I love having conversations with her becuase she talks and I laugh.