Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Do wishes really come true?

We rode the Trax (train) down to temple square last night for family night. Our girls love to go see the reflection pool and the waterfalls. And, of course, Hallie loves to see all the Princess' walking around (the Brides) and believe me there are always lots to see. She is pretty much in heaven being down there. We walked to each water fountain and let them play in and around it. The last one we went to had coins in it and Hallie wanted to know why. Tyler explained that people would make a wish and throw the coin in. He got her a penny and told her to make a wish. She got pretty excited and asked me to help. I was giving her ideas of what she could wish for like to wish for rootbeer, or wish to become a princess, or anything she wanted. She decided to wish she was a princess and then got really nervous to throw in the penny. Finally, together we said her wish and threw it in. She got this cute little grin and just sat there waiting like something was suppose to be happening. I realized she really thought it was going to happen. She was so disappointed and started to cry. Tyler and I both kept telling her that she was our princess but nothing seemed to work. It was so sad. She has such an imagination. Finally we told her we were going to get rootbeer ice cream and she seemed to brighten a little bit. I love her so much and hate it when stuff like this happens to her. Tyler does too, it breaks his heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so sad... what a horrible scar she is going to have from this. can you imagine years down the road when all your kids are talking about thier childhood and hallie pipes in... remember that time when mom and dad told me if i made a wish it would come true and i wished to be a princess and nothing happened and from then on i never believed in that kind of stuff again! ha ha ha jk? i love you guys and think your the best parents! tell her to suck it up!
kensi

Stacie Lang said...

That just shows how sweet and innocent our children can be! It just breaks my heart when things like that happen to my girls, but I love the faith and trust they show in me anyway. Tell your girls I love them and that they are princesses to me! Love Stacie

Lori said...

I love how children think. I wish I could be more trusting and lovin glike children. What wonderful examples they are (except for when they cry and throw tantrums.) Tell Hallie she is a beautiful princess and we love her!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that is so cute and terribly sad i feel so bad. tell them i love em.