Since this is a form of a Journal for me, I wanted to share a scripture that I read today. It is in the Book of Mormon in Helaman 5:12 "Remember, Remember, that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his might winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."
What a powerful message. Especially in the times we are faced with now. It seems that so many people are having hardships finacially and that the economy is struggling. These are the times when we are so blessed to know and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. As we turn to him and rely on the foundation that we have built we have nothing to fear. He will never leave us and will always bless us, maybe not in the ways that we want, but he will always answer our prayers. I know that I have seen this in my life. Though the trials I have seem hard and endless, as I continue to pray and turn to the Lord I am comforted and doubt not. I hope and pray that each of us can remember the Lord and build our foundation around him, not the scares of the world. What a blessing we have to teach our children the truths and to help them know of the Love that our Savior has for each of us.
7 comments:
Thank you bree! That was perfect to start my day off with. Elder Uchtdorf gave a talk kinda like that in general conference about hope. It was the one that hit me the most and your scripture went along with it perfect. Those who come unto Christ, repent of their sins, and live in faith will reside forever in peace. Think of the worth of this eternal gift. Surrounded by those we love, we will know the meaning of ultimate joy as we progress in knowledge and in happiness. No matter how bleak the chapter of our lives may look today, because of the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we may hope and be assured that the ending of the book of our lives will exceed our grandest expectations. “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”
Sorry for the long comment but i loved your post!
Wow, That was a great reminder about hope> you are such an inspiration to me and a great example. How are you feeling?
I love that scripture. I love the comfort I get when I read the scriptures and read and hear the words from our latter day prophets. Its so energizing to me and gives me so much hope. Bree, thanks so much for being such a good person and a huge example to me in my life. You will never know how much it has always helped me. Thank you!
Thanks for sharing. Your testimony really brightened my day, Bree. :)
Bree,
Thanks for reminding us what life is truly about. It is so important to remember what is truly the most important thing, and that is to be like Christ and when we are like him we will be blessed in many many ways.
Helaman has been a big reference for me lately. I keep thinking the people of today are like the people of Nephi who need to be compelled to be humble. I am so grateful for the gospel in our lives in times like these. What would we do without the gospel? I am grateful for the gospel in my life. Thank you for your blog it is refreshing to read your post today.
That is so great Bree! It's so nice to be reminded of "the big picture" I forget and get caught up in all the petty little things. You are so spiritual and great! We miss you a ton!
Post a Comment