Life is hard. There is no getting around it, it is just plain hard. We all have days that we want to give up and cry or even just walk away from everything. I have those days a lot lately. Tyler started his new rotation this week and lucky for us it is OB. He leaves between 4:30 and 5:30 and doesn't get home until 9 or so. Long day wouldn't you agree. So with the new baby and all, my days have been a little hectic. Plus, we have all been fighting a bug around here. My body aches from head to toe and we have all had really bad colds. Add to all of that very little sleep and you get a good, clear picture of our life right now.
But some things make it all ok. We had an especially hard day yesterday. Natalie was throwing up, Barry crying all day, Annie bored out of her mind, Me aching like you wouldn't believe, and Hallie just along for the ride! Tyler had been gone since 5 and wouldn't be home again til 9. It was the ward Trunk or Treat and My girls had been looking forward to it all week. How could I tell them that I was to tired to go or not up to taking all 4 kids by myself. So we got our costumes on and got in the van for the 30 min. drive to the church. We had fun and the girls were so excited to be there. By the time we got home we were all beyond tired so straight to bed the kids went. I was bathing Nat and in walks Tyler. He looked so tired but thrilled to be home. His day was not much better than ours. 2 deliveries, 5 c sections, and 63 patients seen. Wow!
I told him to go say good night to the kids cause they were missing him. Annie prayed that night that our family would soon be together again! I could hear Tyler up talking with them. After about 15 minutes he came back down. I was on the couch feeding Natalie and he came to sit by me. I asked how they all were and he said" We have the best kids in the world." Tears started coming and he just kept saying how wonderful they were and how much he missed us all day.
Funny how a precious moment like that can make everything great. Yes, life is hard but we have each other to pull us through. I am so thankful for Tyler. He is the sweetest Dad ever and we love him to pieces. I love that he still misses us when he is away at work cause we sure miss him!
7 comments:
ohh bree i miss you guys:( thats it.... i'm calling you today.
It's amazing how quickly our perspective changes at times. Good luck being a sick mom of 4. I know you are doing great.
I really wish I was in NY and could just drive over and see you guys. Maybe someday we'll live closer.
K I am crying now. I totally relate. Steve has been doing that more and more with his masters. Yesterday was a leave at 5 and come home at 8 kind of night. Thanks for the reminder of the good things in life/
I love that you don't sugarcoat motherhood. What a sweet memory this will be for you. THanks for sharing!
Sorry it's been that hard lately! You have such a positive attitude. I complain about having to do everything with the kids sometimes and Mike works a 9-6 job!! Those moments make it all worth it, though. Good luck! Hope everybody gets feeling better soon (especially you).
Its funny how being a mom is the most difficult, but rewarding job, and within minutes they are bouncing between the two. Family is truly a blessing. Husbands are so wonderful to help remind us especially after hectic days! You are wonderful to tackle so much on your own during the day!!
i totally started crying when i read this. ha ha i am kinda an emotional wreck lately. We miss you guys
Post a Comment