Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

We had an awesome Labor Day Weekend. Tyler's mom came up to watch our girls over night and we got to go on our first overnight trip. It was weird being without my girls but it was so wonderful to have that time with Tyler. We went to dinner and a movie and then stayed at a hotel downtown that our good friends, The Miller's, got for us. We actually got to sleep in in the morning! It was amazing that we couldn't sleep later than 7:40 but it still felt great. We then went to our favorite breakfast spot Ruth's Diner. Tyler's mom told us not to be back until late afternoon but we couldn't think of anything else to do so we went home at 10:30. It was so fun seeing the girls run to us. Plus, they did wonderful. I guess they can do ok without me by their side 24/7.
Hallie and Annie loved having their Aunt Whitney here with them and played nonstop. We loved spending time with Grandma too! Especially now that she can get around and play again! Tyler and I got to go running together monday morning. I finally made it to 13 and felt pretty good the whole time. But Tyler hurt his knee again. We just hope it is feeling better for the marathon in less than a month. We also made it up to the mountain on Monday. We went up to Brighton Ski Resort and walked around the lake their. It was beautiful and Hallie especially loved it. She really loves being outside and loves to go hiking. Annie just loves to be wherever Hallie is and seemed to love being up their. Oh, Hallie found Tyler's helmet last night and wouldn't take it off. I was at a meeting so Tyler took the picture to show me. I thought it was pretty funny. She looks like the fish from "Chicken Little."

4 comments:

eryka said...

I love time alone with Drew!! I hope you guys had a good time.

Lori said...

You are such a great example. I still don't dare leave Emma & Mason, but if you can do it then maybe I might! I'm glad you had such a fun time together!

Stacie Lang said...

Time alone is the best, I can't believe how much it makes me love not only my husband more but my kids as well. If only they new how important that time was they would always be perfect angels while we were gone.

Anonymous said...

so i was thinking..... isnt it time for you to be having another little one?!!!!!!!!!