Saturday, August 16, 2008

White Coat Ceremony...



Tyler is officially Student Dr. Warner as of today. They had the White Coat Ceremony and put his white coat on him. It was so awesome to watch him go through that. It really made me realize that this is actually going to happen. He looks like a real Dr. with the coat on and was very confident wearing it. He is going to do awesome here and we are so proud of him. He also got his medical "tools" which include the stethoscope, the blood pressure reader, and the ear looker thing ( I don't really know the medical terms for any of these!). Annie wasn't to thrilled to see Tyler in the white coat with the stethoscope around his neck. She told him " Dad, you not a Dr." I am not sure if she really likes Dr.'s right now but hopefully she will grow to like them!


A Video for your entertainment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSrnvdcGcok



***Tyler Adds:
Thank you to everyone that has helped us get to this point. The Dean of the school, in the ceremony, asked us to think of the single greatest act of kindness and charity that helped us get to this point.

My first thought was of the Atonement and the example and blessings that I gain from it.

Then my most incredible wife, she has grown to amazing capacity through the years that we have been companions. She pushed me through times when I thought for sure that I was done and couldn't go on. She holds our little (but growing) family together. I would be nowhere without her support and love.

Then my parents, for my Moms support and enthusiasm and my Dads preisthood blessings and setting me straight when I waver. Not to mention the many many dollars that they have unselfishly given to us to help us through tough times. My Mom taught me to read, study and think that it was fun and my Dad taught me to duck my chin and work like crazy and never be afraid of it. Thank you Mom and Dad.

Bree's parents have given so much financial help and unfailing enthusiasm. The thought that I might not make it never even seemed like a possibility. They care for my family when I am gone and I will forever be in their debt for raising and giving me their wonderful daughter. Even though I still give you crap Kay, thank you and Theron for what you have done.

All of our brothers and sisters have helped us out in so many ways. When you all would come visit, it would lighten our burden and remind us of the powerful ties that we carry through life. Thank you all for everything that you have done. We know that so many of you have helped without any recognition, and I won't embarrass you here or trivialize what you have done to help us by singling you out. But you know what you have done, and so do we, and we will do our best to be worthy of your sacrifice. We are trying to do what we can to help, and it is because of your example to us that we will continue without the worries of being alone or anything else. Thank you all.

All of you friends that we have made these last few years, and those who are older than that. Thank you. The Clan, mission companions and fellow missionaries, college friends and everyone else in between. Special thanks to my former employers, you all gave me some special experience and helped really buff up my "paper me". I seriously had a whole big list of people to name and the things that I wanted to say, but I am getting pressure to get this posted so that most of you that I have been talking about can see it.

I am not trying to make this into some dramatic speech or anything, I am just sentimental right now and feeling pretty humble. Lots of people go to medical school, but not many of them got to know you all. Thank you all one last time, and know that you all have helped shape and direct me to where I am.

16 comments:

Travis said...

I am ahead, I am advanced

I am the first mammal to make Plans, yeah

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher

I wear white coats so I look brighter
----------
Looookin Goooood

THE ORVINS said...

wow that is so wierd but very cool to finally see that white coat on you! it looks really good and only accentuates your muscles and makes you look stronger!

Stacie Lang said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look AWESOME!!! Thanks for the update and we love you!

Brent and Jessica said...

Congrats Tyler. We sure miss you guys and the girls, primary is just not the same without the princess talk every sunday! Good luck with everything!

Lori said...

The white coat is crazy! You totally have the Dr. thing down! Congrats on all your hard work! Good luck in school!

McKensi said...

That video was Aw to the Some!!!! i must say it makes you look quite smart. Like you actually could tell me whats wrong with jessica... i still guess its someone dropped her as a child.

Kerry said...

you look very official, and to think that you have a "ear looker thing" too!
were all proud of how far youve come and the dedication and sacrifices that you have made to get as far as you have, and, two thumbs up to Bree for her support and sacrifice.

cor and chelle said...

You guys I am SOOOO happy for you! All of your dreams are coming true! Sorry i don't mean to sound sappy, but seriously they are. We feel so blessed to have such awesome family and a great future Dr. Warner to take care of Us and our future kids! We love you guys and miss you so much! Tell the girls hello and we love them!

Megan and Nick said...

Congratulations Bree and Tyler!! The coat looks amazing. Good luck with everything!

Holly said...

Hey! I saw your page on Melissa's page! How are you? It has been forever! It looks like you are doing good - are you in Missouri? I am in Omaha while my husband finishes up Pharmacy School. I bet you are glad your husband is done. Congrats to him And you! It is good to see your page and your family. Keep in touch!

Brad and Marci said...

That video is so funny! Good luck Tyler and of course good luck to Bree as well. Tyler you for sure look like you're already the real deal.

Robyn S said...

Yay white coat!!! That probably makes it feel a little more real. Crazy how time flies so fast!! Hope you guys are doing well!!

Julie said...

Woohoo! It kind of got me choked up to watch the footage, especially with the background music. I don't think I've ever gotten to participate in something so cool.

Amy Miller said...

Awesome awesome AWESOME!! I'm so excited for you guys! I love the coat - it makes you so official. Not that you haven't had the doctor thing down for years anyway.

I just saw your comment on our blog, are you already awake studying? Talk about dedication! Who studies at 5:30 AM on a Saturday?

Good luck Tyler and Bree!! You're going to do great - no doubt, no doubt in my mind! (What nerds are really still quoting Napoleon Dynomite? Yikes, sorry guys, it's early :)

Brad and Genis Barben said...

Tyler-you look awesome as a Doctor. You will be such a good doctor, one all the nurses will like to work with. I have a lot of respect for some of the doctors I worked with, they explained and gave teaching moments without the belittling. You'll be one of the best! I'm with you on the whole supportive wife thing, she is pretty amazing. You guys have a great little family. We sure love you guys and wish you the best, maybe we'll be able to visit sometime. Take care. Genis

Beth and Matt said...

Congrats you guys!!! It's so great to see you going for your dreams, but we miss you like crazy here:(