I know that I have lived through a couple Prophets passing but this is the one that will be in my memory forever. It seems like President Hinckley grew up with me. He was put in as Prophet of the church when I was in 9th grade and now 10 years after I have graduated he passes away. I think we could easily put his name in the scripture Alma 48:17, If all men were like unto Gordon B. Hinckley what a world this would be. He has left us with an example that we can forever look to. Last night on the news they gave a comment by Larry King. He said he thought Gordon B. Hinckley to be one of the only religious men that he interviewed to never doubt his belief in God. What a testimony he has left to the world. I hope that I can live my life like that.
I always wondered what the day would be like that I heard that our Prophet had died. I guess it was a lot different then what I imagined. When I heard the news I smiled and thought of him with his sweet wife. He lived a great life and was ready to go. We love you President Hinckley and will always try to mirror your example.
4 comments:
Bree you have such a way with words! I hope all is going well with you. When is Tylers interview in Vegas?
I agree with Stacie - you put words together beautifully. We felt the same way you did when we heard of his passing. We were so happy he gets to be with his wife again
I'm glad to hear that others had the same reaction that I did. President Hinckley worked so hard and I think of the rewards that he is receiving - especially that sweet reunion with his wife. It's kept me smiling all week. Thanks for your post Bree!
I also thought of him together with his wife again. I was in shock a little when I heard the new though, I guess he just always seemed invincible, like he would live forever! I will miss him, his example and inspiring words, what an amazing man he was!
Post a Comment