Thursday, January 10, 2008

Update...

I promised updates on Tyler's medical school process so here goes. He has completed all of his secondary applications and has heard back from his first school. He goes to interview at KCOM in Kirksville, Missouri on February 8th. He is beyond excited and nervous. I think it is finally hitting him that his dreams are starting to happen. We are so proud of him and know that he will do a great job in the interview. Who wouldn't love talking to Tyler?
His Dad will be flying out with him and then they will stay for a day or two after to go visit Nauvoo. Yes, it is only 1 hour and 40 minutes away from Kirksville. This should be a plus for getting people to come visit (if we end up going there)! But I just learned that the town doesn't even have a Target- what am I going to do? How does a world with Bree and no shopping exist? This will be interesting.

11 comments:

McKensi said...

count me in for a visit... i guess that will be the only good thing about you moving far away is i get to go to new places and see them!!!
did you hear the new modbe swimming suits are coming out in a couple of weeks!!!! YAY i am so excited

Melissa said...

Let me just tell you again how excited I am at the possibility of you living so close to us! Hey Tyler if you want to stop by and go to dinner with us while you are here we know some really good places to eat!

Anonymous said...

just when bree finally lifts the ban on staying with the bangs, you go and think about moving to kansas!
did you hear that MV Agusta came out with a new F4R 312RR,!!!! YAY im so excited!!

Lori said...

Tyler congrats on your first interview! I'm sure you will do awsome! Bree no Target Yikes! Maybe you and Tyler should rethink this. :) Thanks for keeping us all updated.

Julie said...

Don't worry Bree, the Walmarts in the midwest are nicer than the ones in Utah. At least they were in Minnesota. But they had horrible Mexican food, so eat lots of Cafe Rio while you can. Good luck Tyler, and watch out for weird interview questions like "tell me about how your bedroom closet is organized." Yes, Jef got asked that once, and I really hope he lied when he answered because his closet is very scary!

Stacie Lang said...

Wow that is a long ways away... lets hope that he also gets some interviews a little closer to home. Good luck and we will be praying that everything goes well with the interview. It would be nice if they all go well and he can choose where he wants to go =)

El Jefe said...

Go get 'em tiger. Be sure NOT to ask for a retainer during the interview.

Brook & Travis said...

That is exciting stuff!! Living that close to Nauvoo would be awesome I think! I agree with you on the shopping, adjusting to that would be a struggle for me too! Good luck with everything!

El Jefe said...

Tyler,

I forgot to CONGRATULATE you! Both Julie and I are extremely excited for you and your next adventure. We hope that your interview goes well and that someday you will give us free medical care. You using the whole fist, Doc? Julie's cousin will be going to a D.O. school in Missouri this Fall. Are there more than 1 D.O. schools in Missouri?

Out,

Jef

Dave said...

Congrats man! A guy at work got accepted there about a month ago. While I'm not sure on your GPA (I'm sure its pretty good) I think you will easily get in.

Bree said...

Jef, From what we know, there is only one D.O. school there. We also applied to one in De Moines Iowa which is only an hour away from this one! Since you will have family there, does this mean you are going to come out and visit? You are always welcome, wherever we go.