Hallie has this game that she likes to play where Bree is named Abby and I am named Sam and Annie is just Annie. Anyway she gets all maternal and starts with this lilting voice that sounds a whole bunch like the voice of Snow White. So she starts to get pretty bossy, but is a really good mom.
Tonight she was trying to read us a book, but I wanted her to call me a different name than Sam, so I told her to call me Huckleberry Finn, Geofram Bornhold, and Turd Fergeuson. This kind of made her upset and then the thing that tipped her over the edge was me calling Bree and Annie poopfaces. I was sent to the corner with instruction not to move. She dragged a chair across the floor and got the timer that we use her on when she is in time out. She put it in front of me and said that I had four minutes. I set it for one.
After a second, she started to make the beeping sound like the timer was going off. As she picked it up, it really started to go off, and this amazed her enough that she stopped making the noise and she just stared at it. She got over that and Bree said "He needs to tell Mom sorry and give her a hug." So I grabbed Hallie and said sorry.
I started squeezing pretty hard off and on trying to get her to squeak, but I'll be danged if that little girl wouldn't break character for one second. She kinda humphed and grunted a little and the whole while was trying to slide between my arms and get away. I let her slip now and again hoping that she would lose patience and get upset but she never did. She finally dropped to the floor from between my arms and my chest, red faced and hair all up in a golden mess on top of her head. She looked around with little wide eyes, shook her head patting down her hair and in a little, quiet, patient voice she "Oh... that's ok." Just loud enough for us to hear, still being Mom.
Unshakable.
3 comments:
I find it pretty entertaining when Matt tries to act like mommy or daddy.
On a side note: While reading your post, I failed to recognize the origin of "Geofram Bornhold," so I decided to google it:
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1927/googlesamazingpoweriv8.jpg
(This is a screen-shot of my search)
It is amazing how quickly Google's search engine indexes the web!
Hey, that link didn't work and I'm intrigued...
Post a Comment